Since its first year of production in 2003, the wine Casal da Coelheira Chardonnay gathered good reviews among consumers, evolving in a modern style, but always true to the classic line of Portuguese wines. For the vintage 2012, the Arinto grape, although to a lesser extent, joins Chardonnay in the blend, renaming this wine as Casal da Coelheira Reserva. Resulted in a more elegant wine and fresh hints of apple, very well balanced with the oak. The palate is voluminous, with good body but with a refreshing acidity. It’s a wine to consume now but will develop very well in bottle during the next 2-5 years. If you like more complex wines, try it! It is the ideal complement to dishes from land and sea, going well with grilled fish or roast and any white meat.
- 90 points – Wine Enthusiast – Dec2016
- 20 Best White Wines for Summer 2016 under $20 – Forbes – EUA
- 20 Best White Wines for fall 2016 under $20 – Forbes – EUA
- Silver Medal – 2017 – Concours Mondial de Bruxelles
- 91 points – Charles Metcalfe
- Gold Medal – 2017 – Tejo Wine Challenge – Portugal
- Gold Medal – 2017 – Challenge International du Vin – France