Casal da Coelheira range is very much a reflection of the Estate’s winemaking philosophy. The wine’s elegant style has built on sympathy, becoming a well made modern wine with good Portuguese influences. Ribatejo’s wines, with Tagus river influence, are a step up from the other warm regions, with more fruit concentration and a boost in natural acidity.
Touriga Nacional shares its aroma, Touriga Franca the spicy flavours and Alicante Bouchet the length and structure, imparting a nice mix between terroir and modernity.
It is a finely structured and supple wine showing balsamic notes and ripe plum notes, the perfect combination for pasta, cheese and game.
- Best of Region – Uva de Ouro 2017 – Portugal
- 90 points – 2017 – Charles Metcalfe
- 89 points – 2018 – Charles Metcalfe
- Silver Medal 2018 – Mundus Vini – Germany
- Silver Medal – 2018 – Concours Mondial de Bruxelles